In The Mix

    KC IN THE MORNING ON MIX 96.5

    Wake up with Mix 96.5’s KC in the Morning 5am-10am! Join Mix 96.5 for Group Therapy Tuesday & Thursday at 7:45am, the Mix 96.5 8:30 Commercial Free Music Hour to jump start the workday and Tell Us Your Secret Not Your Name on Wednesday and Friday at 6:45am! And Mix 96.5 updates traffic and weather all morning!

    Contest

    Ed Sheeran Contest

    Enter to win a pair of tickets to the sold out Ed Sheeran show at the BOK Center on August 17th. 

    The only way to enter is through our free Mix96.5 App. 


    Download the free Mix 96.5 App to your iPhone® or Android® smart phone now! 
    You can vote for your favorite songs, and we'll let you know when they are going to play! 

    You can have one of your favorite artists wake you up tomorrow morning! 
    You can even put yourself on the radio! Plus, you'll be able to hear Today's Best Music anytime, anywhere.  
    You control the music on Today's Best Music, Mix 96.5! 

    Download the free Mix 96.5 App to your iPhone® or Android® smart phone now! 

     Click HERE to download the free iPhone® App now! 

     Click HERE to download the App for Android® devices.

    Entertainment News

    Jeffrey Dean Morgan to drive Indy 500 pace car

    Jeffrey Dean Morgan, one of the stars of the hit TV show "The Walking Dead," will drive the pace car Sunday for the 101st running of the Indianapolis 500.

    Morgan shot to stardom with a recurring role on ABC's show "Grey's Anatomy," and has appeared on shows ranging from "Supernatural" to the award-winning comedy series "Weeds" on Showtime.

    He also has appeared in several films, including the comedy "Watchman."

    Morgan won the Critic's Choice Award last year for best guest performer in a drama series for his role of Negan in AMC's drama series about survivors of a zombie apocalypse. He will be driving a Corvette Grand Sport to set the pace for in the Indy 500.

    Val Kilmer is just as excited as the rest of us about ‘Top Gun 2’

    Since Tom Cruise confirmed the sequel to “Top Gun” in an Australian interview Tuesday, fans of the 1986 film have been excited.

    >> Read more trending news

    It turns out that “Top Gun’s” own Iceman is excited too.

    CNN reported that Val Kilmer, who played a rival to Cruise’s character Maverick, shared on Instagram that he’s ready to go on “Top Gun 2.”

    “I’m ready Tom -- still got my ‘Top Gun’ plaque! Still got the moves! Still got it!” Kilmer captioned the photo.

    Related: Tom Cruise confirms ‘Top Gun’ sequel is in the works

    The film has been in serious talks by people in the film industry for at least the last few years. In a 2015 interview with Collider, film producer David Ellison confirmed “Top Gun 2” was in the works and that Cruise would return as Maverick. In 2016, producer Jerry Bruckheimer, said in an interview that discussions were underway for the film.

    Cruise confirmed the sequel was “definitely happening.”

    “I'm going to start filming it probably in the next year,” he said.

    Mike Huckabee to revive his talk show on TBN

    Former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee will start a new weekly talk show on the religious Trinity Broadcasting Network this fall.

    The show will follow a format similar to the weekend show that the former Arkansas governor hosted on Fox News Channel from 2008 to 2015. TBN said on Thursday that the show will be filmed before a live audience in Nashville, Tennessee.

    TBN chairman Matt Crouch called Huckabee a "welcome voice of wisdom, integrity and faith" that the nation needs.

    Huckabee left Fox two years ago to explore a run for the presidency. TBN is available in some 100 million households in the United States, and is seen in 175 nations.

    Woman drops lawsuit over assault at 50 Cent's mansion

    A woman who said she was assaulted at rapper 50 Cent's Connecticut mansion in 2009 has dropped a lawsuit against him and his G-Unit Film & Television production company.

    Court records show Vasti Ortiz withdrew the lawsuit in Hartford Superior Court on Wednesday. There was no settlement or payout.

    Her lawyer did not return messages Thursday seeking comment.

    Ortiz said she was beaten at the Farmington mansion by another woman, Michelle Krzykowski, while an employee of 50 Cent's, Dwayne McKenzie, held her down.

    The rapper was not home. His real name is Curtis Jackson III.

    Police said the encounter stemmed from an argument after McKenzie asked a woman for oral sex.

    Krzykowski and McKenzie were convicted of misdemeanor reckless endangerment and avoided jail time.

    50 Cent's lawyer declined to comment.

    Looted statues, pottery returned to Italy after probe in NYC

    Seven ancient statues and pottery vessels are headed back to their homeland in Italy after authorities said they tracked down the stolen items in New York City.

    Dating back as far as the eighth century B.C., the artifacts were looted by Italian tomb raiders in the 1990s, then were smuggled out of the country and eventually turned up at two New York art galleries, the Manhattan district attorney's office said Thursday while returning the artifacts to Italian officials.

    "A big 'grazie,' " said Italian Consul General Francesco Genuardi, thanking the city. "These pieces of art are a powerful display of the importance we attach, together, to the preservation of art heritage."

    The three statues depict a rather friendly-looking ox, a warrior and the mythological hero Herakles, also known as Heracles and Hercules. The four pottery pieces include a wine jug decorated with rams and panthers, a drinking cup featuring two goats butting heads, and two oil flasks. The items, each from the third century B.C. or earlier, are valued at over $90,000 in all.

    But "no price tag can be placed on cultural heritage," said Chief Assistant District Attorney Karen Friedman Agnifilo.

    No one has been charged in the case, and prosecutors declined to identify the galleries. They voluntarily gave up the artifacts after authorities brought evidence of their origins, Friedman Agnifilo said. U.S. federal officials and Italian authorities also worked on the case.

    Before going back to Italy, the objects will be displayed at the consulate on Italy's Republic Day holiday June 2, Genuardi said.

    Italy and other countries have striven in recent years to reclaim looted and lost artifacts they consider part of their cultural patrimony.

    Some museums have returned items, and Manhattan D.A. Cyrus R. Vance's office and other authorities in the U.S. have also played a role in arranging to send antiquities, fossils and other objects back to countries ranging from Pakistan to Peru . Vance's office returned a 2,500-year-old Etruscan vessel to Italy just this March.

    There have been some prosecutions, including a case against a prominent coin collector who pleaded guilty in 2012 to trying to sell what he believed were ancient coins found in Italy after removing antiquities became illegal in 1909. Those coins turned out to be forgeries, but some authentic ancient Greek ones from his collection were returned to the country in 2014.

    Stuff To Do